[j-nsp] M7i DHCP Relay

Kaj Niemi kajtzu at a51.org
Thu Aug 12 05:17:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

On 12/8/2010 12:01, "sthaug at nethelp.no" <sthaug at nethelp.no> wrote:

> We have tested these two commands, both in daily build versions of
> JunOS and in 10.0S7.1 where it is implemented. These commands seem to
> do the job, even if they don't solve all of our problems.

What other problems remain? Just curious ;-)

> I doubt you'll get unnumbered to work with helpers bootp - I believe
> you need the infrastructure from dhcp-relay to work with unnumbered.

I tried with IRB + no-local-switching + relay-agent-option instead of
unnumbered + bootp helper. On IRB DHCP requests are forwarded from CPE ->
BRAS -> DHCP server but when the MX receives the offer from the DHCP server
it goes all emo while parsing the Option 82 response and obviously doesn't
forward it to the CPE.

Kaj