[j-nsp] New 16port 10G Card and new MPC with 4x10G MIC Cards - coexistance of old DPCs and new Cards in same chassis -- looking for experience feedback

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Aug 27 21:32:20 EDT 2010

On Saturday, August 28, 2010 03:49:08 am Richard A
Steenbergen wrote:

> We haven't tested vlan tagged interfaces with multiple
> units yet, our counter bug (which matches what other
> people have told me they've seen as well) was on an
> untagged interface with a single .0 logical subint. The
> physical interface counters appeared to be accurate, but
> the .0 counters were showing almost no traffic. It could
> have been showing only locally terminated control plane
> traffic and not showing interface transit traffic, the
> numbers would be about right, but we weren't able to
> confirm that before it went away.

This reminds me of an issue in JUNOS 9.3R2.8 on the EX3200
where SNMP won't tell us about traffic on an interface if
the 'description' is applied to the logical unit.

Our NOC saw this and figured out the workaround was to move
the 'description' to the main interface.

Details are sketchy since it's been over a year, but there
could have been some weird relationship between this and
Cacti for the issue to surface.

Mark.