[j-nsp] 10.3 on MX960 with MPC only?

Michel de Nostredame d.nostra at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 21:49:10 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Chris Evans <chrisccnpspam2 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have real concerns with juniper.  We are primarily a Cisco shop and are
> using juniper devices here and there.  I have to honestly say, anymore
> Cisco
> code is way more stable than Junos. I'm always finding major bugs in junos,
> yet any Cisco bugs we are finding are usually cornercase ones.
>
> The latest junos bug I've found is that with the mx platform igmp snooping
> doesn't work at all in 10.0 and other train releases. In 10.3 all mulicast
> is broken when using irb interfaces.  Seriously is no one testing?
>
> I hope they get their act together soon....

To play safe, we are still using 9.3R4.4 on all M & MX (also on packet mode
J), and 10.0S6.1 on EX4200/3200 in production area, cause we don't need new
features for now, plus looks like these codes run well in our simple
environment. (knock the wood...)

No sure how long we can keep it, but things are too scary to
  1. upgeade to 10.x for M&MX
  2. upgrade (or I should say "downgrade") to flow-mode for J.

Regards,
M~