[j-nsp] Failed FPC

Jonas Frey jf at probe-networks.de
Tue Aug 31 08:46:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

yes you can do that, try offline/online for the fpc. It wont cause any
trouble, if you have bad luck it just wont work (if the card is faulty).
If it doesnt work i'd try to cycle it hardware-wise. If that doesnt help
try changing the FPC. Even tho juniper sold these combined with the
sonet card you can use a different fpc(-e) without problems (you can
remove the quad-wide sonet card).

IMO, rebooting wont help anything. Either it works via offline/online or
hardware-cycle of the card or nothing will help at all (defect).

Regards,
Jonas