[j-nsp] PIM SM RP issue

Nilesh Khambal nkhambal at juniper.net
Wed Dec 15 16:34:15 EST 2010

On M10is acting as RP, do you a route similar to this in the kernel and
cfeb?

R.R.R.R.S.S.S.S.103.a.b.c.d/104 ---> pd-x/y/z

To check this in the RE kernel you need to do "show route forwarding-table"
and in the cfeb "show route ip"

R.R.R.R is the address configured as RP and S.S.S.S is the address
configured on Source DR.

Some of the possibilities to look for the issue are

- show multicast route group <group> extensive
   See if pd interface is showing up as incoming interface for any multicast
   stream.
- Route back to the source DR IP address (Cisco is this case) is missing on
  the RP. Register stops are not making it back to source DR

In addition, the command suggested by Stacy are also good.

Thanks,
Nilesh.