[j-nsp] EX unsupported filter policer and actions on loopback lo0

Jack Damn 455rocket at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 14:03:20 EST 2010

It's the first time I make use of an EX4200 L3 routing capabilities
and I find it quite troubling and unacceptable that I can't rate-limit
nor log/syslog in my lo0 ingress filter.

Ref:
http://www.mail-archive.com/juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net/msg08092.html
http://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB12792

I'm running 10.0S10.1 which is not the latest, but even 10.4 docs
still shows that on EX-series, only "accept and discard" actions are
supported actions on lo0.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.4/topics/reference/requirements/firewall-filter-ex-series-match-conditions.html

Anyone wants to join me here and urge Juniper to do something about
this ? Please reply and express your discontent, they are monitoring
this list.
It seems to me they are not taking this matter very seriously. Time
flies and nothing changes.

Jack