[j-nsp] EX unsupported filter policer and actions on loopback lo0

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Dec 17 15:09:22 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 02:37:03PM -0500, Chris Morrow wrote:

> > It seems to me they are not taking this matter very seriously. Time
> > flies and nothing changes.

FWIW I've already done an epic amount of bitching about this issue, and
they ARE aware and working on improving it. Its always nice to have more
voices though, so they don't think it's just that ras guy whining about
something nobody cares about. :)

> The EX, for some reason, is never required to meet the same
> functionality testing and results as the other Juniper routing platforms
> are... It's quite sad that Juniper put this product out ignoring ~10
> years of industry best practices/standards/experience/knowledge.

Insert standard disclaimer about "it's an enterprise class box, where
enterprise is codeword for doesn't actually have to work right because
enterprise people are stupid and don't know any better, and you can
always pay a lot more money and buy an MX if thats a problem" here. :)