[j-nsp] EX unsupported filter policer and actions on loopback lo0

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Fri Dec 17 17:52:21 EST 2010

The thing is it completely goes against their main marketing thrust right
now, which is the whole "One Junos" mantra.  They keep talking about how
Junos is Junos, across the board, no matter which platform and it's their
main selling point when compared to Cisco with its many flavors of IOS,
IOS-XR, NX-OS, CatOS, etc...

I wonder if that study by Lake Partners where customers running Junos
averaged a 25% reduction in OpEx took this into consideration.  Performing
control plane filtering by deploying an ingress filter on all your
interfaces on an EX platform, vs. doing it on loopbacks on all the other
platforms means that operators are spending twice as much time to accomplish
the same result...

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2