[j-nsp] EX unsupported filter policer and actions on loopback lo0

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Sun Dec 19 06:28:36 EST 2010

* Julien Goodwin

> On 18/12/10 07:28, Chris Morrow wrote:
>> yea, so... from:
>> <http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000215-en.pdf>
>>
>> "AFL includes licenses for IS-IS, BGP, MPLS and IPv6 routing"
>
> While we're on the topic, I'm still annoyed at this.
>
> Juniper have publicly stated that they won't charge for IPv6, so why are
> they still doing so on EX?

+1

I don't really mind paying a fair price for functionality, but the cost
to run IPv6 on the EX-es is beyond ridiculous.  For example, the
EX3200-24T lists at US$3000.  The price of the licence required to run
IPv6 on that box?  US$4000.  Their strategy is utterly incomprehensible
to me;  it's as if they simply don't want IPv6-using customers.

--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/