[j-nsp] Cisco 7206 replacement

Peter Krupl Peter.Krupl at siminn.dk
Wed Dec 29 02:50:39 EST 2010

> Mark,  perfect explanation.  I recently ran into a limitaion in that I
> wanted to do traffic shaping on a M series, come to find that you must have
> queuing pics to do it. I ended up going with an asr as it does it with built
> in hardware. The M box was 60k more msrp...  I needed 4 boxes, do the math.

I think juniper got that message, they are offering some very interesting bundles
to address this issue. May I suggest the "restricted" MX80's. We are seriously considering the bundles below.
 (The restrictions can be removed at a later point with a license)

MX80-10G-AC-B MX80 Promotional 10G Bundle, Includes MX80 Modular AC, spare AC Power supply, 20x1G MIC, 1 extra modular MIC slot including L3-ADV license, Queuing, Inline Jflow, Junos WW (4x10G fixed ports restricted, MIC in empty slot sold separately)

MX80-40G-AC-B MX80 Promotional 40G Bundle, Includes MX80 Modular AC, spare AC Power supply, 2 modular MIC slots including L3-ADV license, Queuing, Inline Jflow, Junos WW. (2x10G fixed ports restricted, MICs sold separately)

MX80-5G-AC-B MX80 Promotional 5G Bundle, Includes MX80 Modular AC, spare AC Power supply, 20x1G MIC including L3-ADV license, Queuing, Inline Jflow, Junos WW. (4x10G fixed ports and 1x front empty MIC slot restricted)

Kind Regards,
Peter Krüpl