[j-nsp] Need suggestions..

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Feb 4 12:05:59 EST 2010

On Friday 05 February 2010 12:26:09 am TCIS List Acct wrote:

> We have 4 M7i's with RE-400's and 768M RAM and have never
>  had a problem with taking full routes (we are at 55%
>  memory usage right now).
>
> With all of the comments on this topic, should we be
>  worried?

If you:

	- add new upstreams in the future with full feeds from them
	- add new services, e.g., l3vpn's, e.t.c.
	- anything else that requires enough control plane memory

... you may start hitting the limits.

Chances are that if you're happy with the RE-400 memory-
utilization-wise, the RE-850 may yet be a viable upgrade for
you in that department. But then again, I recall you say the
M7i isn't dense enough for you, Gig-E wise. Been there
:-)...

Cheers,

Mark.