[j-nsp] NSR interfering with OSPF?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Feb 5 11:42:18 EST 2010

I'm running into an issue on an M10i running JUNOS 8.5R4.3 where when I
enable Nonstop Active Routing, it seems to interfere with OSPF's ability
to flood link-state updates to its neighbors.  When I enabled NSR on this
router, I started getting alarms in my management system that it was
re-transmitting link-state updates, and when I disabled NSR, the alerts
went away.  It appears that when this happens, the router will revert to
sending link-state updates via unicast to maintain the integrity of the
link-state database, though it still issues alerts when it does so.

I have a case open with JTAC, but I haven't gotten much traction on it
yet.  Has anyone else here run into this or something similar?

jms