[j-nsp] NSR interfering with OSPF?

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Fri Feb 5 14:02:45 EST 2010

I'm willing to bet that has something to do with kernel replication of the
LSAs to the backup RE.  The backup RE snoops the LSAs and builds its own
Link State Database (this is done to avoid fate sharing in the event the
primary RE has a bug, we don't want to replicate state from the primary RE).

Are you just seeing alerts, or is it actually breaking something?

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIE-M/T
www.shortestpathfirst.net
GPG Key ID: 0xB5E3803D