[j-nsp] Juniper EX-2500

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Feb 8 05:32:04 EST 2010

* Ralph Smit

> I was wondering if anyone has anyone has any (lab) experience with
> the new Juniper EX-2500 switches. We're looking for a high-density
> 10GbE switch and our shortlist consists of; the Arista 7124S, Brocade
> TurboIron 24X, HP 6600-24XG and the EX2500. Since we currently have
> Juniper and HP in our network, we're tempted to go for the EX2500.
> This because it beats the HP in power-consumption and latency, and
> both the Arista and Brocade would mean introducing a new vendor in
> our network...
>
> any additional thoughts, info or feedback would be greatly
> appreciated.

I've not played with the EX 2500, but be aware that it's an OEM-ed
product (I believe it's really a BLADE G8124) that does not run JUNOS.
And JUNOS is in my opinion the #1 argument for choosing Juniper gear...

You might also want to look into the Cisco Nexus 5000 series switches.

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/