[j-nsp] Loading M20 config on a M10 (JunOS 8.5)

Joerg Staedele js at tnib.de
Tue Feb 9 06:22:23 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,

in the past when i wanted to replace a RE i simply prepared the new RE on another Router with loading the config from the "old" RE.

With 7.4 I had no problems when the corresponding hardware was not there (no wonder, a M10 does not have fpc no. 2 or 3) ...

When I try to load a config in 8.5 now it complains about invalid fpc specification ... is there a way to ignore this and to force the load of the config?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,
 Joerg

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

 Joerg Staedele

: Trusted Network GmbH
: Max-Planck-Str. 1
: D-85716 Unterschleissheim
: Telefon: 089 / 54 80 163 - 0
: Telefax: 089 / 54 80 163 - 222
: Web: http://www.tnib.de
: Geschaeftsfuehrer: Joerg Staedele, Stefan Kinner
: Sitz der Gesellschaft: Unterschleissheim
: Registergericht: AG Muenchen HRB 108 388