[j-nsp] Juniper SRX 210 and VoIP traffic

Abel Alejandro aalejandro at worldnetpr.com
Thu Feb 11 14:31:01 EST 2010

Hello,

I have a Juniper SRX 210 running JunOS 9.6R1.13. The device is being
used as a PE in our MPLS network (running in packet mode of course).

All our traffic is layer two therefore we are using MPLS + VPLS
(Kompella).

We have a specific VLAN for voice traffic and we use QoS to classify
this traffic into a strict-high scheduler.

Everything is working well except that under rare circumstances dial-up
connection or faxes get cut disconnected without any reason.

We have checked for CRC errors, duplex mismatches and other physical
problems and so far clean.

The Juniper SRX 210 is not under a high load because the traffic
averages at around 6 Mbits per port (with only 2 ports being in use).

The reason we suspect the Juniper SRX 210 is because if we take it away
then we do not have the dial-up or faxes problem.

Could it the IDP or some sort of sanity check that the Juniper SRX 210
is doing that could be causing problems with the UDP packets?

Thanks,

Abel.