[j-nsp] maxium number of rvi's on ex series?

Dan Farrell danno at appliedi.net
Mon Feb 15 11:21:29 EST 2010

In full disclosure we hit a limit on 10.0.R2.10 with the number of AE links we could provision- 10. Additionally we saw the memory link error that is (apparently now) characteristic of running that code- we are now at 10.0.S1.1 (as advised by JTAC) and have 12 AE links working just fine. At this point we use interface-ranges so heavily that it would be a PITA to take the time to reconfigure everything without the ranges (and then reconfigure with them when we decide to go back to the 10.x train).

I'm not sure where (version) the memory leak is introduced in JUNOS but it's between the marvel chipset in the PFE and the RE. I think it was also limiting some of our VLAN creation.

Dan