[j-nsp] Dot1q trunking between 2 juniper EX3200 switches‏

Paul Waller wallerp_7 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 22 05:42:19 EST 2010

Hi all,

Sorry but abit of a novice when it comes to layer2 switching and Juniper switches.

What I think I need to do is trunk between 2 junipers EX3200 switches, int g0/0/0 connects to the router & int g0/0/1 connects to the other juniper.  1 switch will trunk between between the junipers & then have a trunk port to the router.  It is only for 2 vlans, voice & data.  If anyone has a config snippet on how I do this it would be appreciated.

router <-------->switch 1<-------->switch 2

My config of switch 1:

interfaces {
    ge-0/0/0 {
        apply-macro juniper-port-profile {
            Desktop;
        }
        description "Wan Router";
        mtu 1514;
        ether-options {
            auto-negotiation;
            no-flow-control;
            link-mode automatic;
            speed {
                auto-negotiation;
            }
        }
        unit 0 {
            family ethernet-switching {
                port-mode trunk;
                vlan {
                    members [VOICE-VLAN DATA-VLAN];
                }
            }
        }
    }
    ge-0/0/1 {
        apply-macro juniper-port-profile {
            Desktop;
        }
        description "Connection to Juniper switch EX3200";
        mtu 1514;
        ether-options {
            auto-negotiation;
            no-flow-control;
            link-mode automatic;
            speed {
                auto-negotiation;
            }
        }
        unit 0 {
            family ethernet-switching {
                port-mode trunk;
                vlan {
                    members [VOICE-VLAN DATA-VLAN];
                }
            }
        }
    }

Switch 2 trunk config:
---------------------

    ge-0/0/0 {
        apply-macro juniper-port-profile {
            Desktop;
        }
        description "Connection to Juniper switch EX3200";
        mtu 1514;
        ether-options {
            auto-negotiation;
            no-flow-control;