[j-nsp] Tunnel services on the DPCE-R-20GE-2XGE

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Jan 4 06:31:38 EST 2010

* Peder Bach

> Yes, we run the 20 x GE with tunnel.
>
> FPC 0            REV 14               DPCE 20x 1GE R EQ

I'm not sure if that's the same card, the DPCE-R-20GE-2XGE has 2x 10GbE
in addition to 20 x GbE.  I think you might have the DPCE-R-Q-20GE-SFP?

But in any case I think they're likely to work the same.  Thanks for
your reply!

> fpc 0 {
>     pic 1 {
>         tunnel-services {
>             bandwidth 1g;
>
> Interface will be: ip-0/1/10

Interesting.  So you're still able to use all physical ports (ge-0/1/0
through ge-0/1/9) as before;  you've actually oversubscribed the PFE by
11:10?

That can't be done on the 10 GbE PFE, enabling tunnel services
deactivates the physical port completely.  :-(

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/