[j-nsp] Tunnel services on the DPCE-R-20GE-2XGE

Mertens, Bart (NSN - BE/Herentals) bart.mertens at nsn.com
Mon Jan 4 06:48:19 EST 2010

HI Tore,

You are not oversubscribing that 'pic'. There is a bandwith of 14ge per
'pic' (per 10x1ge port, or per 1x10ge port).

When you then create a tunnel interface on a pic with 10x1ge port, you
still have more then
Enough capacity to create a 11th phantom port, without loosing capacity
or oversubscribing.
This is also the reason, with a 4x10ge card, that you have to sacrifice
1 physical port.
There is not enough spare bandwith to allocate a phantom port...

Anyway, the explanation I made is definatly valid for 40x1ge and 4x10ge.
With the mixed cards I can't be sure, since I haven't used them yet...

Hope this helps, otherwise let me know.

Best regards
Bart Mertens