[j-nsp] JUNOS

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Fri Jan 8 04:13:38 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 01:41:35AM +0800, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Thursday 07 January 2010 11:55:20 pm Brendan Mannella
> wrote:
>
> > What is the latest stable release the recommended at this
> >  point for the M-Series? I see 9.5 is at R3.7 and 9.4 is
> >  at R4.5.
>
> I'd hang in a few more weeks and go for 9.5R4, which comes
> out end of January. That's what we're going to do.
>
> Alternatively, you might consider going for the EOE code as
> that will get extended maintenance. There has been a number
> of recent updates to those releases for the EX platform.

I really wish they had waited until 9.5R4 was out to release this stuff,
after all it had already been almost a year, and they gave out enough
information to make these attacks easily reproducable.

In our experience 9.5R3 has been "mostly ok", i.e. nothing is really
really broken. The closest thing to bad is a one-time mystery rpd crash
which seems to duplicate a backtrace we saw in 9.4R3, everything else is
in the annoyance category (for example if you hit ctrl-c in the cli
anywhere other than at the prompt it locks up the cli process :P). I've
certainly seen worse. :)