[j-nsp] upgrading M120 directly from 8.5 to 9.3

Serge Vautour sergevautour at yahoo.ca
Mon Jan 11 18:01:33 EST 2010

Hello,

I actually tried jumping 5 releases on an M40e in our lab. The upgrade worked but when I began running my test plan, I had a few items that wouldn't work. The fix was to downgrade to the previous release and then upgrade with an interim release to avoid upgrading more than 3 releases at a time. It would take me a while to find the exact releases and problems. It was almost 2 years ago.

It may have been a one time thing but based on my experience, I never upgrade more than 3 releases at a time. If you are missing an interim release that is no longer on the Juniper web site, TAC can get you a copy.

Serge