[j-nsp] upgrading M120 directly from 8.5 to 9.3

Evan Williams evangellick at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 11 16:32:11 EST 2010

I agree with both Jared & Brad, I would be reluctant to attempt an In
service upgrade, in fact be inclened to carry out an upgrade on test/spare
chassis and swap REs leaving the existing RE at 8.5 to swap back if any
problems are encountered, Having had to undertake the downgrade from 9.2 to
8.5, this can be very difficult procedure. IMHO I have endevoured to store
JUNOS releases, to get around the EOL and withdrawn releases, it can next to
impossible to get back releases even from official equipment suppliers. Also
often RMA devices will arrive with last supported Junos, so good practice to
keep JUNOS and a Compact flash with bootable JUNOS just in case.

Hope this helps and good luck

Evan Williams