[j-nsp] Loop-free Alternate Paths for IS-IS Routes

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Wed Jan 13 14:31:04 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 01:48:11AM -0500, Stefan Fouant wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone here has had any experience configuring the
> loop-free alternate paths for IS-IS in JUNOS, as described in the
> following drafts:

I played with it ever-so-briefly on a couple routers. Our network is
already running full MPLS with link+node protection, which I belive the
documentation said it shouldn't hurt, but what we actually saw was that
it caused traffic to be load balanced over both the active AND bypass
LSPs with no distinction between them. This was obviously very bad, so
we pulled it and haven't played with it since (this was 9.5R3).