[j-nsp] JUNOS and MX Trio cards

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jul 1 01:06:56 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 30 June 2010 05:28:39 pm Derick Winkworth
wrote:

> I understand
>  things will get much, much better in 10.3 thru 10.5.

Without any confirmation from anyone at Juniper, I suspect
the same. This would be a mirror experiences with JUNOS 9,
where anything pre-9.3 was really terrible.

When I look back at JUNOS 8, 8.5 seems to be the favorite,
although I see 8.1 has EEOL (well, that seems to have run
out too, last May).

If we trend this, it would make sense to stay on 8.5 and 9.6
until 10.3 is out, and remain on that up to 10.6 until 11.3
is out, and then on that till 11.6 until 12.3 is out... see
a pattern :-).

Mark.