[j-nsp] M7i crash with strage log entry

Marcin Kucharczyk m.kucharczyk at net.icm.edu.pl
Thu Jul 1 04:28:12 EDT 2010

On Thursday 01 of July 2010 08:59:40 Thomas Eichhorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the disabling of the hard drive did not change the behaviour,
> so I would like trying to disable adaptive standby - but I can't find
> it anywhere in the manual... Is this a hidden knob somebody could point me
> to?

I've found it on this list archive.
http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/juniper-nsp/2008-July/010943.html

In fact it's a hidden knob:

set chassis routing-engine disk no-standby

But, they said that HDD had to be prepared for 24x7 work. If not it will fail
eventualy...

Regards,
Marcin

> Am 30.06.2010 12:57, schrieb Thomas Eichhorn:
> > If you could give me a hint where to find it I would be really glad!
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > Am 30.06.2010 12:43, schrieb Jared Mauch:
> >> Have you disabled adaptive standby? I can look up the configuration in a
> >> few if you don't have it.
> >>
> >> Sent from my iThing

Marcin Kucharczyk               Dział Sieciowy ICM, Uniwersytet Warszawski
m.kucharczyk at net.icm.edu.pl     (+48-22) 5520527, 8268009, fax. 8284195
                                http://www.net.icm.edu.pl/