[j-nsp] Manually installing JunOS on crashed HD (no CF available)

Felipe Zanchet Grazziotin felipe at starbyte.net
Thu Jul 8 18:16:30 EDT 2010

Hi,

just to keep this information archived to others, even it sounds obvious:
don't try to boot FreeBSD directly at Juniper. :)

What I did to have it working?

Got HD back to PC, pkg_add on jinstall package, once it asked me to reboot,
turn off PC ('halt' does it fine).

Put HD on RE, have it boot on Juniper and you are set. It will upgrade to
Juniper's kernel and in a few minutes you will have a functional M7i again.

Thanks everybody!