[j-nsp] 1000 VRRP instances per IFD and IRB

Ross Vandegrift ross at kallisti.us
Fri Jul 9 09:51:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 12:23:45AM -0400, Stefan Fouant wrote:
> See if you can push your account team to discuss their Stratus convergence
> strategy on the MX and their other data center products - their so-called
> 3-2-1 Data Center network architecture strategy.  You might be surprised to
> find that you probably won't have to run VRRP in the very near future...

Yea, heard all about Stratus at last year's EBR.  We haven't stopped
laughing at it with our account team since.  We got the info under
NDA, so I'm not really sure what I can talk about.

It'll take 10 years to proven stability before anyone here is going to
deploy anything like that.  The MX is one of the most predictable and
consistent platforms I've ever used.  Messing with that is scary.

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
	--Woody Guthrie