[j-nsp] Force ports with only RX connected to UP

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Jul 10 20:55:36 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 01:05:41AM +0200, John Wilkes wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Your direct test I would expect to fail; pulling the TX fibre will cause the
> > far end to signal fault and bring the entire link down.
>
> Yes, the far end. But I meant I connected both TX and RX between two ports.
> That made them both come up (of course). But when I pulled just one TX
> they both went down.

Try disabling Autonegotiation on the EX4200-24F ports and see if the
one-way link comes up then:

set interfaces ge-0/1/0 ether-options no-auto-negotiation
set interfaces ge-0/1/0 ether-options speed 1g
set interfaces ge-0/1/0 ether-options link-mode full-duplex