[j-nsp] Force ports with only RX connected to UP

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sat Jul 10 21:04:36 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 08:55:36PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 01:05:41AM +0200, John Wilkes wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
> > > Your direct test I would expect to fail; pulling the TX fibre will cause the
> > > far end to signal fault and bring the entire link down.
> >
> > Yes, the far end. But I meant I connected both TX and RX between two ports.
> > That made them both come up (of course). But when I pulled just one TX
> > they both went down.
>
> Try disabling Autonegotiation on the EX4200-24F ports and see if the
> one-way link comes up then:
>
> set interfaces ge-0/1/0 ether-options no-auto-negotiation
> set interfaces ge-0/1/0 ether-options speed 1g
> set interfaces ge-0/1/0 ether-options link-mode full-duplex

Doh.  I see you already tried that.  Well, since that doesn't work how
about hacking it by splitting a 1310nm optical signal and sending it
into all the ports?  Like put a spare SFP into one of the EX4200
ports, and optically split its TX port and send it to all the other
SFP's RX ports.