[j-nsp] Juniper RANCID

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Fri Jul 16 04:05:11 EDT 2010

I think the problem is that it's *not* failing.  As others have pointed out,
jlogin is working as expected given the input the user has provided - it's
doing what he's asked of it and that is simply to automate the login.

In order to do anything beyond that he is going to need to pass along
commands as input to the jlogin command as either a single string using the
argument -c or via a command file using the argument -x.  See additional
information from the jlogin manpages below:

-c
Command to be run on each router list on the command-line. Multiple commands
maybe listed by separating them with semicolons (;). The argument should be
quoted to avoid shell expansion.

-x
Similar to the -c option; -x specifies a file with commands to run on each
of the routers. The commands must not expect additional input, such as 'copy
rcp startup-config' does.

HTHs.

Stefan Fouant, CISSP, JNCIEx2
www.shortestpathfirst.net