[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory useincrease with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Thu Jul 22 04:21:06 EDT 2010

Oh... Would anybody mind telling me why this was a good idea?

--
Leigh

* Leigh Porter:

> I thought that as soon as you turn MPLS on the flow mode was diabled
> and you were back to good old packet mode?

No, packets targeted at the device itself are still processed in flow
mode.  According to the documentation, there is no way around that.
It means that all existing TCP sessions involving the device are
severed when rerouting event occurs because their flow implementation
is interface-sensitive.

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99