[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory use increase with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Thu Jul 22 05:36:12 EDT 2010

On 21.07.2010 22:34, Christopher E. Brown wrote:
> That is exactly our use, up to a couple hundred megs of IP services on
> one, a couple hundred of L3 MPLS on another, and L2-circuit/vpls on a third.
>

> Alaska has many small remote locations.  For larger areas, M and MX
> platforms are better, and can be justified.

Yeah, I understand. Here in Russia, all the locations are remote :) and
we also bump into the requirements of cheap devices running everything
including L3VPN/VPLS for a few hundred megs. I would suggest to use
SRX240H in packet mode and don't even think about full BGP (they can't)
or upgrade J-series with ‘non-native’ DRAM and flash or (and) just stay
at 9.3 on J-series.

Don't really believe Juniper will change this behavior.

--
Pavel