[j-nsp] Is putting an IP on an l2circuit possible?

Nilesh Khambal nkhambal at juniper.net
Thu Jul 22 14:58:37 EDT 2010

Assuming its martini l2ckt you are talking about, you could establish l2ckt
with lt- interfaces. Peer 2 units of lt- with each other. Put one unit in
inet.0 with IP address configured and use other unit with ethernet ccc or
vlan-ccc encap to establish the l2ckt. You can then ping the remote IP from
inet.0 once l2ckt is up. With this you do not need any physical CE links.

I haven't tested this on J. But I know it works fine on M/T.

Thanks,
Nilesh