[j-nsp] Is putting an IP on an l2circuit possible?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Jul 22 15:03:34 EDT 2010

you can't do the mpls ping to validate? (ping mpls l2vpn ...)

you could also hook two ports on the same J box together and put the IP on one and EoMPLS on the other...

(Cisco:

Router#ping mpls pseudowire 10.0.0.1 115
Sending 5, 100-byte MPLS Echos to 10.0.0.1,
     timeout is 2 seconds, send interval is 0 msec:

Codes: '!' - success, 'Q' - request not sent, '.' - timeout,
  'L' - labeled output interface, 'B' - unlabeled output interface,
  'D' - DS Map mismatch, 'F' - no FEC mapping, 'f' - FEC mismatch,
  'M' - malformed request, 'm' - unsupported tlvs, 'N' - no label entry,
  'P' - no rx intf label prot, 'p' - premature termination of LSP,
  'R' - transit router, 'I' - unknown upstream index,
  'X' - unknown return code, 'x' - return code 0

Type escape sequence to abort.
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 32/363/460 ms )

- Jared