[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory useincrease with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Jul 23 02:27:54 EDT 2010

On Thursday, July 22, 2010 06:50:00 pm Heath Jones wrote:

> Out of curiosity, how many people here are thinking of
> (or have changed to) another vendor??

Because of this, we exclusively use Cisco's 7201 as a route
reflector. It's cheap, has a much smaller OS footprint in
RAM after boot, and runs a pretty advanced piece of BGP +
IS-IS code.

As for CPE, Cisco's ISR have made more sense than Juniper's
J-series, as other folk have already mentioned.

Juniper's lack of a decent box that can play route reflector
is what has kept it out of our network for this role. Yes,
the M120 is probably the smallest box you can get with 4GB
of RAM, but seriously?

Mark.