[j-nsp] J series users bitten by the massive memory useincrease with flow mode add, please file jtac cases.

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Thu Jul 22 08:41:31 EDT 2010

Hi Heath,

I share your emotions, bloody capitalists are a burden to working-class
(joke). But the problem is that there are not so many exceptions. If you
know some, please let me know :)

Another problem is that customers are also not ideal. Many of them very
often want to run something they don't really need. Or try to make a
device to do something it is not supposed to do. Then want this sort of
architecture to be competitive. My favorite example is running full BGP
everywhere. Another popular approach is to use J-series or EX switch as
an Ethernet aggregation router or even as a BRAS. Well, everyone can do
anything he wants, but I am not sure every approach must be competitive :)

Well, sorry for this piece of holy-war. I don't mean I love vendors more
than customers :)

--
Regards,
Pavel