[j-nsp] MPLS in the Access

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Fri Jul 23 03:26:26 EDT 2010

> I'm a firm believer of MPLS in the Access.
>

> ... yes, this is way off-topic now :-).

Mark, how about to open a new thread on this?

Actually, who is not a fan of MPLS access? But the question is how actually
to build it and will it be competitive. Lots of people here in Russia
(being  fans of MPLS access :) managed to build huge rings of something like
3750ME and use x-connect for everywhere. Not sure if this is what you are a
fan of :)

What is the smallest and cheapest device in your experience, which supports
real MPLS like 2-labeled PWE3, VPLS and L3VPN? How about wire-speed
performance for, say, 24x1GE SFP and couple of 10GE uplinks? Is it really
competitive with other technologies? I am really interested if someone can
share this experience. What size of network scale we talk about, which
services it provides?