[j-nsp] Is putting an IP on an l2circuit possible?

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Jul 22 15:34:29 EDT 2010

> I'm trying to test some C to J EoMPLS interoperability, but the only J box that I have doesn't have any free interfaces on it, so I have nowhere to connect a test CE and use the CE to ping the far end.  Is there any way to stick a subnet on to an l2circuit directly instead of having to use a physical interface and a physical CE?

Not directly but you can do this with logical tunnels. One end of the LT
has the IP address, the peer-unit terminates the Martini tunnel.

You can do *lots* of creative things with logical tunnels. Watch out for
missing IPv6/VLAN support though.

(Oh yeah, Martini tunnels between Cisco and Juniper work just fine.)

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no