[j-nsp] MPLS in the Access

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Sat Jul 24 02:55:45 EDT 2010

Phil, thanks for your input. Very interesting.

There are vendors who are shipping boxes today with 24x1GE and 2x10GE
> uplink, wire-rate, which
> can do VPLS and P2P Ethernet/CES, but no L3VPN.

Doesn't this vendor ship another similar box which has 512k FIB and can also
do L3VPN? :)

> One limitation of these boxes is they can
> only push 2 labels so they only support 1:1 FRR and not facility backup.

Thanks for meaning this issue.

>  They will have
> another box out by the end of the year with more advanced capability.

Hm, we talk about different vendors. Seems the one I know ships it today,
even in Russia. Never mind, I interested in the sort of design and
architecture.