[j-nsp] MPLS in the Access

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Sat Jul 24 19:10:31 EDT 2010

> Would a SRX650 in packet mode work though? It's relatively attractive
> price-wise and 7Gbps is certainly a good start. Tempting, at least if I
> can somehow forget the scary stories about SRX on this mailing list.

7 Gbps is a number in marketeers' heads. 2.5Gigs actually for IMIX.

>  EX3200 is copper-mostly though, which is fairly useless for us, so it
> will have to be EX4200 despite the fact that this design would leave the
> Virtual Chassis ports on the EX4200 empty.

My fault. Sure, EX3200 is not suited for this since it is only copper.
Though I meant EX4200-24F is something 'too fat' for this type of deployment
(if you need a robust brick to build an access network with no local
concentration of switches, which you could bundle in a VC cluster).