[j-nsp] AS-path regexp clue needed

Daniel Verlouw daniel at bit.nl
Thu Jul 29 08:18:31 EDT 2010

Hi,

can someone give me some clue on how to translate the following Cisco
regexp to Junos ?

ip as-path access-list 1 permit ^([0-9]+)(_\1)*$

(this uses pattern recall to match AS paths whose first AS number in the
path is repeated zero or more times; basically to make sure certain
customers prepend their own AS number only).

IOS-to-Junos translator is unable to parse this and JTAC, well, let's
just say they don't seem to get it -at all-.

Of course, I could write a regexp per customer, but obviously this
doesn't scale very well.

  --Daniel.