[j-nsp] EX4200 MPLS Label Stacks

Matthew Walster matthew at walster.org
Tue Jun 8 06:48:53 EDT 2010

On 8 June 2010 09:41, Alexandre Snarskii <snar at snar.spb.ru> wrote:
> Theoretically, yes, it should. But last time I checked it (9.5R1
> or some, first version with MPLS support), label swap operation
> was completely broken: when packet with two labels arrives to switch
> and top label should be swapped leaving other labels untouched,
> switch swapped all the label stack to the single label instead:
>
> I was interested in the same scenario.

It strikes me as quite a common use case. If there was a platform that
allowed at least 2x10Gig input, and a number of 1Gig ports, that'd be
ideal. The MX80 looks ideal for this situation, but it's just not at
the right price point for the situation - although VPLS would be nice.

I know people like talking about the SRXs to fill this situation, but
it's only a stopgap, it can't scale as well as I'd hope.

Matthew Walster