[j-nsp] Full table inside VRF - J Series

Deon Vermeulen vermeulen.deon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 01:20:13 EDT 2010

Hi Rolf,

Truman is correct.
I just found that the J4350 you are referring to (Just so that the forum knows, Rolf and I work for the same company) has 1Gig RAM installed on it but is already 81% Utilized.

*******@########> show chassis routing-engine
Routing Engine status:
    Temperature                 30 degrees C / 86 degrees F
    CPU temperature             46 degrees C / 114 degrees F
    DRAM                      1024 MB
    Memory utilization          81 percent
    CPU utilization:
      User                       1 percent
      Real-time threads         15 percent
      Kernel                    13 percent
      Idle                      71 percent
    Model                          RE-J4350-2540
    Serial ID                      !!!!!!!!!
    Start time                     2010-04-27 22:12:59 CAT
    Uptime                         54 days, 17 hours, 25 minutes, 47 seconds
    Last reboot reason             0x8:power-button hard power off
    Load averages:                 1 minute   5 minute  15 minute
                                       0.04       0.06       0.07

According to Juniper Datasheet (http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000206-en.pdf) the J4350 and 6350 can only upgrade to max of 2Gig RAM.

The best is to LAB this and then see what the performance is after having a full table in an (internet) VRF.

Kind Regards

Deon Vermeulen