[j-nsp] JUNOS and MX Trio cards

Andrey Zarechansky zorick at fr.kiev.ua
Wed Jun 30 11:11:58 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 09:54:16AM -0400, Phil Bedard wrote:
> When were you evaulating it?  I think both of those two features have been available for some time now, almost 2 years.

Less than a half year. What we had in the lab:
- few boxes 7750 SR-7, IOM2 based hw,  running TiMOS 7.something
- few boxes 7450 ESS, don't rember OS version
- Agilent N2X router tester

1. We were unable to configure 4byte ASN.

2. We were able to configure BGP as PE-CE protocol but it never came up.
ALU network expert have found an internal reference that BGP as PE-CE will
be available on 2010Q3 starting with new major release of the TiMOS.

3. IOM2 issue was achieved with disarranged full-view from N2X to the 7750SR
and making random withdrawal and re-announcement for set of prefixes under
the test.

Possibly ALU have fixed IOM issue with the new hardware on IOM3 card but
we haven't tested this due to the limited lab environment.

--
ZA-RIPE||ZA1-UANIC