[j-nsp] Sampling Traffic Problem--- Urgent

Uttam Shrestha Rana uttam.shrestha.rana at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 04:47:52 EST 2010

Dear ALL,

On juniper M10i with JUNOS 9.2, we have flow exported by the routing engine
sampling packets headers and had aggregated them into flows.We have two
upstream and peered number of customers, we have packet sampling done by
defining a firewall filter to accept and sample all traffic and that rule
has been applied to the provider facing interfaces.

In our case, when we had two upstream previously and sampled, it was quite
related to the flow extracted but recently we get peered with another
upstream and did the same configuration for sampling but we are not getting
the exact flow , we are getting it decreased by half. What can be the reason
behind this?, it will be great support if any excellence put his/her idea
and really appriciates for that.

Regards,
Uttam S R