[j-nsp] Strange IS-IS Problem

Stefan Fouant sfouant at shortestpathfirst.net
Sun Mar 7 08:04:19 EST 2010

I could be wrong but if I recall correctly the Hello PDU uses a padding TLV to pad the initial hello to the maximum MTU size.  I don't believe these packets are fragmentable if I recall considering it's a CLNS frame, i.e. no IP header and thus no fragment options.  I think it's already been said but the fact that you are using jumbo frames and also because you are using EX 2500s (not native JUNOS) makes it extremely suspect that you are likely running into some form of MTU issue.

One other thing you might want to check on the EX 2500 - interface counters - look for L2 Channel errors or other inconsistencies which might indicate the EX doesn't recognize the Ethertype, etc.

Stefan Fouant