[j-nsp] EX4200 upgrade

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Mar 8 16:16:10 EST 2010

> Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 14:29:50 -0600
> From: Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net>
> Sender: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
>
> On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 02:40:44PM -0500, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> > And now 10.0S3.1 is out with yet more fixes, but not yet on the
> > "recommended releases" page.  Wee!
>
> Personally I think they just don't update the "recommended releases"
> page, based on several other extremely out of date values I've seen
> there.
>
> Speaking of EX and sucking, has anybody else noticed the hardcoded 512MB
> rlimit on rpd on EX8200? :)
>
> Process (55002,rpd) attempted to exceed RLIMIT_DATA: attempted 524412 KB Max 524288 KB
> pid 55002 (rpd), uid 0: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I seem to recall that, back when we first were told about the EX systems
and long before any 8200 ever hit the streets, that there would be
limits on the the system so that it would not cannibalize the MX. Looks
like this is at least part of how they did it.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)