[j-nsp] L2VPN/L2Circuit and Vlan transparent

youssef chagh youssefchagh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 13:15:56 EDT 2010

Hi All,

I have the following architecture :

*Switch*(Extreme)----*M7i*( GE IQ PIC, 9.6R3.8)--------MPLS--------*M20* (GE
IQ PIC, 8.5R1.13)-----*Switch*(EXtreme)

Can I connect 2 sites (cisco switches ) each one to an Extreme with a trunk
ports (many vlans on the ciscos ), and using a L2VPN/L2circuit , so that the
entire path  between the 2 Extreme will be vlan transparent (It's like the
QinQ   )?

Doses the Extreme switchs must support QinQ to achieve that ? or simply
configure the ports toward the ciscos as access ?

Sorry for all those  vendor's names, But I can consider the use of Juniper
Switchs  -)

Many thanks