[j-nsp] MX-80 rumors and heresay - any comments?

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Fri Mar 19 01:57:25 EDT 2010

On 19/03/10 16:49, Phil Pierotti wrote:
> Given the size/shape/ports of the soon-to-be-delivered MX-80, it's fairly
> obvious that it's targeted at the 7206-G2/ASR1004/SmartEdge-400 size of the
> market.
>
> Has anyone heard any rumors (or otherwise) of there being L2TP
> LAC/LNS/Tunnel-Switching functionality available on this platform (ie "in
> real JunOS").

So I've yet to see a definitive statement, but I was looking at this
last night.

The MX MPC data sheet indicates L2TP support:
http://www.juniper.net/us/en/local/pdf/datasheets/1000294-en.pdf

"Inline services include...
                   Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP), L2TP access
concentrator (LAC), and L2TP network server (LNS)."
(Page 2, "Junos Trio Chipset")

I have not seen a statement one way or the other on the MX80.

I too would love such a statement, as a potential project of mine is
contingent on that support.

Julien

--
Julien Goodwin